EASY CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS PART 6: BEAD GARLAND BAUBLES

SO I MADE THESE LITTLE BEAD GARLAND BAUBLES A FEW WEEKS AGO, AND THEY'VE BEEN MAKING THEIR WAY AROUND THE HOUSE, DECORATING VARIOUS SPOTS EVER SINCE.

Now, I change my mind quite a lot when decorating.

I've already pulled all the ornaments off the Christmas Tree three times, and the mantlepiece has been shifted around too many times to count... I can't help myself.

I have to fiddle and fuss and move things until it looks just right lol.

Anyway, these have been moved around heaps, and I have to say, they are just fantastic; because they're silver and shiny, they reflect any color they're put next to aka, they go with everything.

Plus, I love the the textural interest - as does Missy. So far, these have been bounced, rolled and carted around in her ride-on truck all day, and I can safely say they are pretty kid proof.

So, here's how to make them!

EASY BEAD GARLAND BAUBLES:

Bead Garland Baubles

All you need are some large-ish polystyrene balls, bead garland, a hot glue gun, and some thin ribbon if you want to hang them.

To start, I just dobbed a 10c piece size of hot glue on one of the balls, curled the end five beads into a tight circle and pressed them on until the glue was dry.

Then, just swirl the garland around your starting curl, gluing as you go, until you come to the other end, pressing the last few beads in nice and tightly. It really is very easy.

If you want to hang them, just get a thin strip of ribbon and pass it between two of the beads - underneath the string that holds them together.

NB: I didn't paint these foam balls because I was using silver garland, but if you wanted to do this with another color, you might want to paint them to match first. Just something to keep in mind if you are planning to do this project.

So, there you are - Easy Bead Garland Baubles.

Let me know if you are following or doing any of my Easy Christmas Decorations - I would love to hear or see photos!

All the best,

Eliza.

CONVERSATION