DIY GORGEOUS BRONZE EASTER EGGS

by

Gorgeous Bronze Easter Eggs by Eliza Ellis


SO APART FROM MY  WASHI TAPE EASTER EGGS, I'VE DONE VERY LITTLE AS FAR AS NEW EASTER DECORATIONS GO... AND TODAY IS GOOD FRIDAY, SO I THOUGHT I'D SHARE ONE MORE EASY, LAST MINUTE ONE!
 
For everyone else out there who's left things as late as I have, this is a super restrained, oh-so-elegant and oh-so-quick Easter decoration. 

I'm loving soft metallics at the moment, and these Gorgeous Bronze Eggs are perfect in a plain white bowl, mixed in with all my fresh, farmer's market ones.


Gorgeous Bronze Easter Eggs by Eliza Ellis


To make these, all you need are eggs and a sharpie - that's it!

I used some old eggs I was a bit dubious about cooking with (heaven forbid anyone break these... I've worded Dan up (lets hope he remembers) and they're out of reach of Missy.... I've got my fingers crossed - trust me!), and then simply colored them in with a bronze sharpie.

As you color them in, they will tend to look a bit streaky, but mine dried in about five minutes with an even finish - you can see in the photo above that the top one is still a little wet and the bottom one is dry.


Gorgeous Bronze Easter Eggs by Eliza Ellis


When you choose your eggs to color in, choose nice smooth ones! Some of my eggs had lovely little bumps all over them, but the bronze ink kind of puddles around these bumps, and the end result was, to put it generously, a big craft fail.

Also, I know I don't have to say this, but please don't eat your bronzed eggs - egg shells are porous and these would probably make you pretty sick. (I'm a mum, I can't help saying things like this.. sorry!)


I would have loved to do a few gold or silver ones too, and I know I bought gold and silver sharpies at Christmas, but do you think I could find them? Nuh-uh.


Gorgeous Bronze Easter Eggs by Eliza Ellis


But I really am loving the bronze - I love the subtlety and that lovely warm glow - they seem to highlight all the natural egg shell shades, and sitting against the white cloth just makes them pop a bit more... So I am one happy girl with my Gorgeous Bronze Easter Eggs!

Let me know if you do any of these - I'd love to see photos!

All the best,

Eliza.

You May Also Like

6 comments