FREE PRINTABLE KNIT, CROCHET & SEWING ORGANIZERS

by

Free Printable Knitting, Crochet and Sewing Organizers by Eliza Ellis


ANYONE ELSE HAVE A CRAFT MONSTER INVADING THEIR HOMES?

I did. In the winter of '09. They were dark days my friends. Dark days.

Fear gripped me every time I opened a certain cupboard as balls of yarn and needles would start raining down.

I dared not look at the carnage in my fabric drawer.

And the thicket of pointy/pokey/bitey things in my sewing box meant I'd only put my hand in there when absolutely neccessary - and very, very gingerly at that.


Free Printable Knitting and Crochet Organizers by Eliza Ellis including Knitting Projects, Crochet Projects, Yarn, Needles and Hooks Size Charts, Notions & Trims Inventory and Yarn Inventory


The fabric and yarn always looked so bright and promising in the store, and I'd buy it with innocent delight... but when I got home it transformed ... into a terrible, scary monster of knotted wool, crumpled fabric, and rogue buttons. Oh yes, they were bad times indeed :)

But then, one day I put my big girl boots on and sorted it out for good!

Three massive garbage bags of yarn alone were sent to the op-shop. I sorted and folded and stacked and corralled.

And, I've lived to tell the tale :)


Free Printable Sewing Organizers by Eliza Ellis including Sewing Projects, Fabric Inventory, Notions, Trims and Things Inventory


Now, as I was dealing with that Craft Monster, I devised a few Free Printable Organizers, which I thought I'd share today to help us all out :)

I'll go through the knitting and crochet ones first, then get onto the sewing ones.


1. CROCHET PROJECTS & KNITTING PROJECTS:


Free Printable Crochet Projects Organizer

Free Printable Knitting Projects Organizer

These are great for keeping track of projects you've completed or works in progress. They can be kept in a plastic pocket with your pattern while you're working on them to keep everything together, and afterwards just filed in your Home Organizer (or a separate folder if you do lots of projects!).


2. YARN INVENTORY:


Free Printable Yarn Inventory Organizer

This is a really useful list as it allows you to see at a glance what's in your stash.

If you have lots, you may like to organize them by color or fiber type - there's a line up the top where you can write this category in.

The boxes on the side are for putting a little swatch in - I'd use a little dot of glue to stick them there neatly.


3. YARNS, NEEDLES & HOOKS:


Free Printable Yarns, Needles and Hooks Chart

I think I have six pairs of size 4.5mm straight needles because I can never remember if I've got any... this sheet has helped me immeasurably.

Just tick the circles on the right hand side so you can always see what you have.

The measurement conversions are as accurate as I could make them - I did quite a bit of research, and the sizes and weights do vary by country and manufacturer. It's a great guide to have on hand, but do always refer to your pattern too.

Also, I'd just like to say that I found Lionbrand to be one of the best sources for this information, and I referred to their Yarn by Weight Class and Hook and Needle Equivalents in making this printable.


4. SEWING PROJECTS: 


Free Printable Sewing Project Organizers

This is similar to the Knitting and Crochet ones above, but I've tailored it specifically to sewing projects.

There are extra swatch boxes, so you can include multiple fabrics, threads and trims, and there's plenty of space for writing in details of these elements too.

Also, if you store this in a plastic pocket like I suggested above, you can keep all the notions for that project together too - preventing them being lost or used up on a different project accidentally.


5. FABRIC INVENTORY:


Free Printable Fabric Inventory Organizer

And this one is the same as the yarn one above, just for fabric :)


6. NOTIONS, TRIMS & THINGS:


Free Printable Sewing Notions Organizer

I think I have about six or seven different types and weights of elastic alone at the moment, so this one is so useful.

Here's how I use it: I fill it in and attach a sample, of elastic say, in the box with a glue dot.

Then I put the sheet itself, and all the elastics listed, in a plastic pocket and store them in a binder.

Things like special buttons, press studs, etc., I put in snap seal bags first. When I use items up, I just cross them off, and this works a treat.


7. DESIGN & SKETCH PAPER:



Free Printable Sketch and Design Paper by Eliza Ellis for Sewing, Knitting, Crochet, Renovations, DIY Projects, Gardening etc.


And last but not least, I've done up some plain Sketch Paper and gridded Design Paper to help us all map out those amazing projects!

By the way, the glue I mentioned above is called 'Off'n'On Glue'. It allows you to stick things on and pull them off again as often as you want. I bought it from Spotlight, and I would imagine similar products are available in the US and Europe.

So there we go! You'll find all the free printables I've featured here below this post - just scroll down and choose your color.

Get my latest printables and posts in your inbox! Click here to subscribe! // elizaellis.blogspot.com.au

I hope this post gives you a hand to get your own Craft Monster in hand and stop it invading your home lol!

All the best,

Eliza.

Free Printable Knitting, Crochet and Sewing Organizers by Eliza Ellis

Click the links below to download printables in this post:

KNITTING & CROCHET IN ORCHID:

KNITTING & CROCHET IN HEMLOCK:


KNITTING & CROCHET IN PEACH:


KNITTING & CROCHET IN PLACID:

I'd love to hear from you! To comment, ask a question or just get in touch, click here to email me! Eliza Ellis


You May Also Like

16 comments