MORE-ISH SWEET YOGHURT DIPPING SAUCE WITH STRAWBERRIES

by

Moreish Yoghurt Dipping Sauce with Strawberries - Flavor Ideas by Eliza Ellis

ARE YOU ALL STRAWBERRIED OUT YET?

Well I've saved my favorite recipe until last - Moreish Yoghurt Dipping Sauce with Strawberries.

It looks pretty innocent and plain, but every time I make this, it's been a hit with kids and adults alike, and it's one of my easiest entertaining recipes - who can resist a lovely fruit plate after all!

You can serve this sweet dip with any kind of fruit, but I find it goes particularly well with strawberries. If you're making it for a crowd that doesn't like yoghurt, I normally substitute stiffly whipped cream, and if I'm making it just for kids I leave out the wine.


Moreish Yoghurt Dipping Sauce with Strawberries - Flavor Ideas by Eliza Ellis


TO MAKE:

Mix together some thick Greek yoghurt with a spoonful of brown sugar until smooth.

Add some lemon zest, orange zest, a few drops of vanilla and a splash of fortified wine like sherry.

Taste the mixture and adjust sugar and other ingredients if necessary. Place in a serving bowl and serve with a platter of strawberries.

So there we go! If you missed one of my strawberry ideas this week, you can find them here:

Mint & Strawberry Mille-Feuille
Strawberry & Rosewater Fool
Strawberry Granita
Hot Strawberry Icecream Sauce

AND YOU CAN FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MY FLAVOR IDEAS SERIES HERE! 

All the best,

Eliza. 

You May Also Like

1 comments